Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Weeks 25-28

Week 25
This week I caught up with Eric in weight. No more asking him to carry me to bed - bummer! I'd be afraid he would drop me. Time is starting to feel like it is going faster and faster.  Which makes me feel increasingly worried about everything that I need to learn and get ready. I am a worrier by nature - good thing I have Eric to help me calm down. 


Week 26
I had a midwife appointment this week and had to do my glucose test. I have only heard awful things about it and so was prepared for the worst. Which is probably why it didn't seem so bad. Sure, I wouldn't want to drink another of those things, but it's gone it a minute or so - so not too bad.  And the results were great. The midwife also told me my uterus measured a week small this time and so wanted me to come back in 2 weeks instead of 4 to make sure baby girl is growing okay. I have been tracking my weight gain and from that I am right on track so I didn't get too worried. 
While I was at the birthing center sitting and waiting for an appointment, I could hear what sounded like a women in labor over the pretty music they always have playing. After an hour or so (I was there for a long time because of the glucose test) all of a sudden there was a baby's cry. She had given birth.  It was really neat - I have never been near a woman giving birth before and I will be in her place in just 3 months!


Week 27
Now in the third trimester! It's getting even closer now!
This week I started back to work. There is 10 weeks of the post-intervention data collection and so the job will end just a couple weeks before my due-date which should work out perfectly. I, of course, didn't get nearly as much done during my month off as I was hoping. I did finish the baby quilt though this week. It felt good to at least accomplish something. 
I am still feeling great. Some heartburn which has been increasing a little, but not too bothersome. And I am actually sleeping tons better than I was a few weeks ago which has been wonderful. Running has gotten better too - no more annoying pelvic joint pain after my runs. 


Week 28
Had my midwife appointment yesterday.  Still measuring small but growing so the midwife says as long as I keep growing like I am everything should be fine.  I actually didn't gain any weight this week which I know doesn't say much if it is just one week. But I took a closer look at my diet and I think I could be a little better with my protein at least.
I think I felt the baby get hiccups for the first time yesterday. That was fun. I just love sitting and feeling her move which she is definitely doing a lot of. There must be lots of room in there because she just rolls around.

3 comments:

Maren said...

I measured very small throughout the third trimester (like a month behind, at times) but I think it was due to baby's position and my long torso. You look great!

Rachel said...

You are SUCH a CUTE pregnant chick! Love it!

Courtney said...

Yay! Love to hear the updates. I was always measuring a week small too, people told me I would because I'm a little taller than average. But here I am at week 41....she just needs more time to grow I guess. Sounds like everything is going great!! Your quilt is absolutely beautiful. I am impressed!