That walking foot Eric got for me was an absolute life-saver. I was dreading the quilting and binding parts so much. But the walking foot made the quilting part not hard and I found the binding part relaxing. I checked out an Alexander McCall Smith book on tape from the library (Friends, Lovers, and Chocolate) and listened to it as I sewed. I took my time over a few days to do it and really quite enjoyed it.
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Baby Girl quilt - finished!
Many, many hours later...it's done! And I really think it turned out amazing. Eric and I are quite in love with it. The pictures really don't do it complete justice.
That walking foot Eric got for me was an absolute life-saver. I was dreading the quilting and binding parts so much. But the walking foot made the quilting part not hard and I found the binding part relaxing. I checked out an Alexander McCall Smith book on tape from the library (Friends, Lovers, and Chocolate) and listened to it as I sewed. I took my time over a few days to do it and really quite enjoyed it.
I couldn't make a quilt every week or every month, but spaced out nicely I think I'd like it.
That walking foot Eric got for me was an absolute life-saver. I was dreading the quilting and binding parts so much. But the walking foot made the quilting part not hard and I found the binding part relaxing. I checked out an Alexander McCall Smith book on tape from the library (Friends, Lovers, and Chocolate) and listened to it as I sewed. I took my time over a few days to do it and really quite enjoyed it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It came out so beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person next month at the shower.
It looks great! Also, binding, once I learned how to do it, has become one of my favorite parts of making a quilt. It's so relaxing!
Wow!!! That turned out amazing! You have given me hope that I can do this!
Love it!!!!! I know you don't think you are that great at this stuff, but you are really good! Could you give me some lessons?! It looks professional!
Post a Comment