
We went to Hangzhou a couple weeks before leaving China. We had heard about how beautiful it is and people were not exaggerating! It was so pretty and such a nice break from the big city.
Hangzhou is most famous for its West Lake, which is a beautiful lake surrounded by trees, hills, mountains...


and of course, several awesome looking towers and pagodas.


I had done tons of research on the city before we went and so I thought I was super prepared. I had my lists of things we should see and places we should go. But no trip of ours would be complete without getting lost at least once. This was no exception. This time, my oh so carefully selected maps took us on a long detour hiking over a mountain. As the roads and paths slowly disappeared as well as all other people, I knew I had officially gotten us lost. As usual, I started having a breakdown, worried that we would never make it out. And, as usual, Eric stayed his calm, happy, optimistic self, and found us a cool cave to explore.
Eventually we came out on a road and found some people we could ask for directions. And, only a couple hours after starting, we finally made it! Destination? The Jade Emperor Hill. And it was beautiful.

Some more fun places we visited:


Longjing Tea Fields- apparently the best tasting in China. So they tell us...



<">

<">

And, I had to throw this one in too. This little guy was outside of the restaurant we ate at for dinner. Isn't he adorable?
1 comment:
I'm going with you next time! The pictures are so beautiful and I'm sure they don't even touch the surface.
Post a Comment