Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day

It has been great to be able to be with both of our fathers in just the last couple of weeks. We've got to have two of the most wonderful men as our fathers. I am so grateful for my own father and the example he is to me. I remember that when I was first starting to date Eric, part of the reason I was so attracted to him was that in so many ways he reminded me of my dad. And I knew that any man who was like my father was a keeper.

We spent today with Eric's father. All of Eric's siblings are in town right now and it has been fun seeing them all with their father and hearing both them and their parents telling stories of their father and of growing up in the Anderson home. Like when Gary, Eric's dad, fell through the kitchen ceiling and Neil, Eric's little brother, who was sitting at the kitchen table simply looked up and said, "Uh-oh!" Or how Gary missed both Eric and Brittany's births- one because of an earthquake and one because he was at church. Watching them all laugh and talk together, I could tell how much they love each other.

Getting to know both of Eric's parents better over the time that we have been here has been such a treat. They have welcomed me into their home and I feel like I have truly gained another set of parents.





We love both our dads so much! I hope they feel that love every day of the year.

Here is to two amazing dads!

No comments: