
It's been an amazing year. Lots of exciting things have happened and we have been able to go to some incredible places. But it has been amazing because through all we have done, we have been together. Sometimes, people talk about how hard the first year of marriage it is and how big of an adjustment it is. I don't think I can say the same thing. Being married to Eric felt wonderful, comfortable, and just so right from that very first day. If the first year is the hardest, well then, we have some incredible years ahead of us.
We were able to spend some time together this weekend to celebrate our anniversary. On Saturday we went to Boerne, a small town nearby to eat at a small Mexican restaurant and walk along the river.
After dinner we walked along a river that went through town. It was a beautiful area. (Have I mentioned that I love Texas? It is so beautiful here!)
The place we went to walk around had a lot of ducks and geese. We thought this little family of ducks was cute. Especially since they seemed to have a self-appointed goose body guard. That goose followed the mamma duck everywhere and made sure all the little duckling stayed close by. If we got too close, he gave us the evil eye.
I woke up the next morning (our actual anniversary morning) to flowers and Eric making me breakfast. He is so sweet!
Later in the evening we had a picnic in a nearby park. A nice, simple way to end our anniversary. It was wonderful just to spend time with Eric.
I have an such amazing husband. I can't imagine being any happier than when I am with him. I love you Eric!
4 comments:
congratulations! It's so great to see y'all so happy together! We love you!
What a fun year you've had! Happy anniversary!
(Also? Judging by that last picture, I'd say you've pretty much mastered the art of the self portrait. I am impressed. :))
You guys are great, and I can tell how happy you are!
Happy Anniversary! Sorry to be late with this. I totally agree with you about the first year. It wasn't hard at all. I guess if you marry the right person it is perfect =). By the way- I love that shirt you are wearing in the last picture.
Post a Comment