Friday, February 28, 2014

Rainy Day

Unlike many parts of the country, here in San Diego we have had a very dry, very warm winter. We're actually in the middle of a pretty bad drought - this has apparently been the driest year in recorded California state history.  So finally getting some rain is definitely a good thing.

I happen to love rainy days, especially when I can choose to stay put inside and enjoy it without getting wet.  Rain is still pretty foreign to Abby so she has been watching it with great interest.  She really wanted to go for a walk outside in the rain so we bundled up and braved the rain and wind (it really wasn't so bad).  She kept saying 'rain' over and over.  At least now she'll know more what we are talking about when we sing 'The Isty Bitsy Spider'!


Also a perfect day for hunkering down at home since I feel absolutely terrible.  So now that Abby's napping I've made myself a nice cup of herbal tea and am going to wrap myself in a blanket on the couch and read a good book.  Maybe I'll even take a long nap myself.  Sounds perfect.

1 comment:

Maren and Patrick said...

It's definitely been good to get some rain. R looks at it and says "water! water!" I hope you feel better soon!