Saturday, February 22, 2014

Abby learning to paint

Although we have had finger paints for a few months now, it has just been in the last month that I have finally pulled them out to try to introduce them to her.  This was her reaction the first day that I put some blobs of pain on the paper and tried to show her what it was.  



She was not interested, and definitely did not want to touch the paint.  We finally folded the paper in half a few times to see how the paint smeared, and she liked that.  

Eric painted with her the next time and got her to the point where she was okay dipping her fingertips into the paint and then making dots all over her paper, and Dad's nose. :)



Then we went over to her friend William's house for some Valentine's Day crafts and it was here that she discovered paintbrushes!  I had never thought to let her use a paintbrush as I assumed kids liked to fingerpaint, but she loved it.



She also loved cleanup!


And now, guess who wants to paint at home?! With a brush, of course.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You are way braver than I am to even try fingerpaints! We stick with paint-with-water coloring books (or painting with water on the sidewalk) and washable watercolors, which they totally love. My boys are brush users, too -- paint, or really much of anything, on their fingers is sensory overload! :)

Ruth said...

She is the neatest painter! There is no paint on your walls like mine would have done. Fun times!!