Friday, February 7, 2014

Abby at 20 months

Abby is 20 months today!  That feels like such a big number, so much closer to two years old.



Some quick fun facts about Abby at 20 months:

She talks a ton now.  I've completely lost track of how many words she has, her language has really taken off.  She mimics a lot now too.  If we say a word, she'll repeat it, and gets it pretty good too.  Our signing has really slowed down since she is talking so much more now - I haven't done any new signs for a while.  She still uses some of them all the time - bread, more (these two are really just for emphasis since she says the words so clearly, please, thank you, and other random signs, like animal signs.

She loves to read to herself - when she does, its all in baby jibberish with a few words sprinkled in. So fun to watch.

She sure lets us know what she wants.  The other day I was trying to convince her to come help me make bread. She said, "No, book." (she wanted me to read to her)  When I tried again to get her to come with me, she stamped her little foot and said "No, book!" even more firmly.  Don't know where that came from.

One habit she has acquired is the need to hold onto someone's ear.  Most of the time mom's ear.  She does this when we are reading books, when I'm holding her and walking, and really whenever it is in reach.  It was cute at first, but now it is really driving me crazy.  I have sore ears all the time from her pulling on them, and nothing I do seems to make her stop.  I have been saying, "Be gentle with Mommy." So whenever I say this she stops and strokes my ear for a few seconds, then goes right back to holding onto the ear.  Sigh.

 Sleep is still not great.  Her 18 month regression hasn't turned around yet.  She did get a toddler bed (will show pics of that later) which we hoped would help, but hasn't made too much of a difference.

But she sure is adorable.  We love her, her little quirks and all.



Here is a conversation we had this morning during a diaper change:

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

If I remember right, Eric had a thing with ears too when he was little. You'll have to ask my mom about it :). She is such a cutie! I'm so excited to see her again next month and hear all that she has to say!