All the pumping, herbal supplements, using the SNS (the syringe/tube feeding) has finally paid off. I started taking some medication, domperidone, 2 weeks ago and I think that gave all my own efforts the final push they needed to really get things going. I haven't had to use any formula for 2 1/2 weeks, and the SNS has been used less and less and now its been 4-5 days since we have used it. Today I actually left the house without a back-up bottle of breastmilk or the SNS in my diaperbag. And we were just fine!
It is so incredible to be able to sit down with my baby and feed her. Such a seemingly simple thing. but one that has been so difficult to achieve. Now I can leave the house without worrying so much about whether she will get hungry, or have my phone alarm going off several times a day reminding me to pump. I had started to feel much better emotionally a couple weeks ago- being able to accept where we were at. And now I feel oh so much happier. I am so grateful that we were able to stick with it make it work.
Here are a couple Abby pictures.
1 comment:
Oh I'm so glad things are going better! And I hope the trend continues!
Post a Comment