Monday, May 14, 2012

A new-found passion and a fun date

I have told Eric a few times since we have been married that it would be fun to take a ballroom dance class together or go dancing together sometime. I took a beginners class at BYU and loved it while Eric never seemed too interested.  Though he is the one who always wants to dance around the living room. :)

Well, we just recently found out that the Balboa Park Dancers host ballroom dance lessons and dances every Friday and Sunday night at the Balboa Park Club. I got Eric to agree that we would go at least once before the baby comes. We missed the free night our ward hosted last Friday (we were at a Ron Paul town hall meeting supporting our good friends who organized it- an interesting experience) and with our weekends busy til right before baby girls's due date, this was our weekend to go!

We made a date night out of it, complete with dinner beforehand and frozen yogurt afterwards (very extravagant for us and oh so nice). And the dancing - was amazing. We learned the waltz and the two-step. The best part was that Eric loved it. I think he has found a new passion - he told me he wants to be a dancer now. :) We have practiced our waltz and two-step in the living room a couple of times already and are just bummed that we won't be able to go for probably a good while after our baby is here. At least it won't be as easy.

If only we had discovered that Eric actually likes ballroom dancing - and found this amazing place - sooner! 

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Too fun! David and I want to take lessons together too. But we haven't found anywhere around here that does it. If we were there, we'd switch off Friday nights with you and watch your baby so you could go :). Maybe someday.

Tamara said...

That sounds like so much fun. I keep telling Ryan every once in awhile that we should go dancing, but we just don't know where. I wish they did dances for adults too instead of stopping at YSA.