Sunday, May 6, 2012

Birthdays!

Eric and I both have May birthdays so May is just a big month of celebrations in our little family. 

My birthday was this last Thursday. I love birthdays, despite the fact that every year I keep getting older...
Eric is such a sweet husband and though he has been super busy with school and work, he still made sure it was a special day.  He even came home and made this amazing cake for me 
 

It was delicious!  We even had ice cream with it, which is a big treat in this house. :)

We spent my birthday evening at birthing class.  I didn't mind too much since we both really like our class. It is at the birthing center where we are getting our prenatal care and where we will have our little baby girl. Our teacher is a very experienced doula and birthing teacher and she is amazing. Our class consists of just 8 couples who are all having their babies at the birthing center.  It has been great to meet other couples with the same goals and plans for natural births as us. Our topic this week was not so fun as it was discussing the possible interventions that would occur in the case of a hospital transfer, which of course none of us want. But it was good to talk about all the alternatives and preventative measures we can take. And class ended with relaxation which means Eric gives me a massage. My favorite part. :) A good end to a great birthday. 

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy birthday, again! It sounds like it was a good one.

I might have to pick your brain after you baby is born about your experience using a birth center to deliver. Since two of my three babies came too fast for an epidural (and also apparently too fast for typical hospital procedure), I'm considering switching things up a bit someday when #4 comes along. I get vibes from a few friends who have delivered with midwives at birthing centers that the whole experience is more personable, which is something I'd love to try my hand at, especially after my experience delivering Matthew. So I'd love to hear how it goes for you!

Ruth said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday!!

Ruth said...

By the way, Eric did an amazing job on the cake. It looks amazing!

Heidi Marshall said...

Glad you had a fun birthday. You are a good sport. I remember that day in our birthing class and I went home and cried all night I was so scared!