This weekend Eric and I were able to drive up to Fontana to see my sister Lilly come home from her mission. Thanks to her coming in on a late Friday evening flight, we were even able to make it up to the airport after Eric's class.
It was so good to see her again. Poor girl was definitely not wanting to be home - I think most of her first day back was spent in tears. But she pulled herself together in time to give an amazing talk on Sunday in church. She has grown so much and I am so proud of her! Oh, missions are so wonderful! Now that she and Eric's sister Brittany are home, we don't have any more siblings left to serve missions. A little sad.
Eric just happened to have his birthday while we were in Fontana and it was fun being able to celebrate with family. He would have preferred me not to remind everyone that it was his birthday, but I couldn't do that! It was still low key, but fun. Complete with a disaster of a homemade german chocolate cake I made him. Tasted amazing, just had to piece it all back together with frosting after it came out of the pans in a ton of pieces. :)
I love that boy and wish I could give him so much more than a crushed cake. He is most definitely the best thing that has ever happened to me.
1 comment:
I'm glad you guys had fun! Happy Birthday again to Eric!!
Post a Comment