Merry Christmas from San Antonio!
If you look closely, this is a very Texas tree.
Eric and I have been in San Antonio with his parents. For most of the time, its been a small group of us, just his parents and Eric's brother Neil. We have had a great time though.
We got here about a week before Christmas and so made tons of yummy Christmas goodies, a gingerbread house, and played lots of games. Eric and I love games and were so excited to have more than each other to play with!
Eric and I made gingerbread cookies one day with Neil, which Neil really liked. I think he most liked sneaking pieces of the dough though.
We also got to spend a couple days with Eric's sister Kimberly and her adorable little family. They spent Christmas with David's family in Washington but they are coming back today for a couple more days. Yay! :)
Little Lydia with Grandma
And then, of course, Christmas Day!
We woke up, looked at stockings and ate a yummy Christmas breakfast before going to church. I always really like it when Christmas falls on a Sunday. Church definitely seems the perfect place to be on the day we celebrate Christ's birth. Later we had a super fun time opening presents and then looking for the Christmas pickle in the tree. I had never heard of this tradition before meeting Eric, but whoever finds the hidden pickle ornament in the tree gets a extra present. Eric found it this year.
Looking for the pickle
He found it!
The boys playing with Neil's new toys.
To top off a great day, we had an amazing Christmas dinner!
It is so wonderful being with family at Christmas time! I am so grateful we were able to come here and spend this time with Eric's family. We love you guys!

1 comment:
Looks like a fun time! I enjoyed your Christmas newsletter too. Thanks for thinking of me! : )
Post a Comment