I love Christmas, but then who doesn't? Once the first day of December hits it really starts feeling like its Christmas time. (Though Eric and I did start listening to Christmas music the beginning of November... we just couldn't help it) On the second day of December I decided it was time to make some fudge, one of my all-time favorite Christmas things. That was a disaster. It always seems to be hit and miss with me and fudge. I really should have taken pictures of it this time though, it was probably the worst! After some searching online for 'how to fix failed fudge' and then a phone call to my mother, I finally was able to turn that bowl of crumbs into some decent fudge. Still dry but at least it held together. So a very frustrating start to my Christmas season. Eric says I should stop talking down my fudge, he loved it and lived on it practically studying late into the night the last couple of days. (His last final is happening right now!)
Over the weekend, we decorated our little home with our few but well-loved Christmas decorations. Took all of about half an hour. But afterwards we got sit on the couch with our tiny tree glowing beside us and listen to the
First Presidency Christmas Devotional. Perfect.
We also checked out the huge Christmas festival called
December Nights that happens yearly one weekend in December in Balboa Park. We missed it last year and wanted to make sure we went this time. My goodness. I have not seen crowds like that since China.
This is Eric and me in front of the tree in the Dr. Suess village.
The big tree in the organ pavilion.
And, Eric's personal favorite - the puppet show. There is a puppet theater in the park that always does free puppet shows and during December Nights they were preforming A Christmas Carol. The giant dog is the Ghost of Christmas Present and the goat beside him is Scrooge. It was quite impressive.
All these little things are sure getting me even more excited for the rest of December: reading all the Christmas stories, seeing the lights at the temple, all the time we will get to spend with family, and maybe, some more fudge.
1 comment:
I've got a no-fail fudge recipe I love. Take a look.
http://hutchingsrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/07/easy-fudge.html
Post a Comment