This has been a very nice, relaxing Thanksgiving. Last year we had to hurry home to San Diego from my parents house since I had to be at the hospital working by 6am the day after Thanksgiving. It has been great to be able to take a few days this year. Though Eric has spent a lot of the time off painting my mom's new business so maybe I can't speak for how relaxing it has been for him. :)
We had a smaller group this year - just my parents, my two siblings that are still at home, and my sister Tamara and her little family. So it was a nice, cozy dinner. Even so, my mom thought it was necessary to make 6 pies for the 8 of us. My trying to convince her otherwise was useless. She would have even made more if we hadn't run out of time.
Like usual, my dad had us go around the table as we started dinner to share something we are thankful for over the last year. This has been an eventful year for Eric and me. I have been reflecting on all we have gone through. I know that through it all, although difficult at times, we have been so blessed. So many little and big miracles that remind us that we aren't alone out here. We have a Heavenly Father who watches out for us and loves us. I am grateful for that. I am grateful for an amazing husband who makes me happier than I could even have dreamed of. What a good life it is.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone
No comments:
Post a Comment