Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend with the family

May happens to be a big birthday month in my family and so Eric and I drove up to my parents this last weekend to spend two days partying it up in Fontana.  It was kind of nice having the birthday fun spread out over more than just my actual birthday - made for a 'birthday season' as my day called it.  I could go for a birthday season every year! :)
The birthday group: Eric, my little brother Edward (he is actually an April birthday, but we let him join in too), me and my niece Beckah (we share the same birthday).  And there are still a couple that couldn't be there.

The amazingly yummy cake that Eric made for me on my birthday.  You can find the recipe here.

The other, more important reason we came for the weekend was that it just happened to be Mothers Day. So we got to celebrate my mom and the amazing mother she is to all of us. I only hope that someday I will be as loving and wonderful of a mom as she has always been to me.  I love you, Mamma!

My amazing Mom


No comments: