Thursday, May 19, 2011

A new day

You know those days where it feels like everything that possibly could has gone wrong?  Yesterday was one of those. It started with me forgetting to bring my water bottle to work (I drink a lot of water so that is a very traumatic thing) and falling asleep during a meeting with my preceptor and all her bosses (yes, everyone noticed). And it was only downhill from there...  By the end of the day I was so ready to just go to bed and be done with it.

Isn't it wonderful how bad days (usually) only last one day?  I woke up this morning (after actually sleeping a decent amount of time knowing I had another early meeting today) feeling wonderful. The day went great and I decided my preceptor doesn't feels as negative about me as I was sure she did yesterday.  In fact we spent half the day gossiping away.  And the best part about today?  I finally have contacts again!! After work I went and got the contact exam.  I have been holding out ever since my contacts ran out in China, I kept saying it was too expensive.  Eric finally told me it was my birthday present so that I would do it. :) How good this feels after a year and a half with only glasses!  Can you tell I am happy?

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Hooray!! I am so glad your day went so much better! Can't wait to see you next week.

Unknown said...

Yep, I know those days. I'm sorry you had a hard day. But I'm so glad that today was better!

Kimberly said...

Sorry, that last comment was from me. I forgot I was signed into the RS account. Just know for future if I forget that I am also Janice.