We did it, we paid the deposit today for our apartment in San Diego. It feels so good to have this taken care of. It has been quite the ordeal trying to do this long distance. Calling what felt like hundreds of landlords and leasing agencies, checking Craigslist for new listings every few hours, making charts, mapping everything, etc, etc... And of course, I got the fun job of doing it all since Eric was gone during the days. Wore me out. But we got it! And its the one I loved from the second I saw the picture. Cute Victorian-style blue house. It reminds me of this yellow house I always wanted to live in in Provo. Do you remember that one Heidi, did I ever show it to you? I would go home the long way just so I could drive by it. And though it is not yellow, I am finally getting my cute house! Well, almost. After getting all excited about it, my mother (who was so amazing to drive 2 hours to go look at some places for me!) informed me that I will not actually live in the 'cute house' but in the little building attached to the back. Talk about a let down. But, as Eric says, at least we will see the 'cute house' from outside our window. That's something, I suppose.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Apartment? Check!
We did it, we paid the deposit today for our apartment in San Diego. It feels so good to have this taken care of. It has been quite the ordeal trying to do this long distance. Calling what felt like hundreds of landlords and leasing agencies, checking Craigslist for new listings every few hours, making charts, mapping everything, etc, etc... And of course, I got the fun job of doing it all since Eric was gone during the days. Wore me out. But we got it! And its the one I loved from the second I saw the picture. Cute Victorian-style blue house. It reminds me of this yellow house I always wanted to live in in Provo. Do you remember that one Heidi, did I ever show it to you? I would go home the long way just so I could drive by it. And though it is not yellow, I am finally getting my cute house! Well, almost. After getting all excited about it, my mother (who was so amazing to drive 2 hours to go look at some places for me!) informed me that I will not actually live in the 'cute house' but in the little building attached to the back. Talk about a let down. But, as Eric says, at least we will see the 'cute house' from outside our window. That's something, I suppose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats! Looks cute! And, you can still say that's where you live.
Post a Comment