Have you ever been super excited about a movie or a book, only to buy it and be incredibly disappointed? Eric and I experienced that yesterday. We have a rule that we try to only buy movies that we have actually seen before and that we love. However, we had both heard great things about this particular movie and had wanted to see it for quite a long time. The cheap prices of movies in China didn’t hurt either. The movie? Bedtime Stories. Yes I know, we are way behind since this movie came out quite a while ago. Well, Eric and I had picked it up, along with a couple other classic favorites of ours, to watch after a long but fun day of exploring and birthday cake and celebrations. Since it was my birthday, I got to choose the movie we watched. Without much hesitation, the choice was ‘Bedtime Stories'.
Within minutes of the movie starting, Eric and I started looking at each other in confusion. This was the movie we had been excited about? We kept watching, hoping it would get better. An hour and a half later, after Eric repeatedly asking if I was still awake, it was over. We sat for a few seconds, blankly staring at the screen. I felt like I had just wasted an hour and a half of my life. It had to be one of the most pointless, silly movies out there! I feel like with the story idea it had the potential to be a really cute, fun movie. But in our opinion, it did not quite make it. This morning, when we woke up, the first thing Eric said was, “Can you believe we watched that movie?” My feelings exactly.
Any 'Bedtime Stories' fans out there? If so, one free copy is yours for the taking.
3 comments:
The preview was horrible so I can only imagine what the whole movie was like. Sorry for your wasted night!
How sad! David and I really liked that movie. We thought it was a fun idea and we both really like Adam Sandler. I'm sorry you didn't like it. I hope you had a great birthday anyways! We love you!
Sherrie and I enjoyed it. I thought the ending was awful and almost ruined the whole show, but otherwise it was fun. I generally do not like Adam Sandler, but thought this was a fun show. Paul Blart: Mall Cop had just as ridiculous of an ending and I truly did not like that show, though it did have it's funny moments, Bedtime Stories was a notch better.
Post a Comment