There are two very common things I see while running the streets in Shanghai: older men and women exercising and people out playing their erhus and dizis (these are two chinese instruments) in the parks that I pass. But the two combined? Never, at least not until this morning. I was running along the edge of Century Park, one of the largest parks in Shanghai, when I heard beautiful music coming from up ahead. I was excited because I always love to see people out playing their instruments-- I think that is so great. As I came up, I was surprised to see an older man, dressed in his exercise clothing, leg stretched up high on a nearby railing...playing his clarinet.
Talk about multi-tasking! I wish I had my camera. Ruthie, maybe you should start doing that. Take the kids out for a walk and bring along the clarinet. :)
1 comment:
Yea- I wouldn't look at all out of place, right?!
They must have some major lungs to do that!!
Post a Comment