Thursday, September 25, 2014

Some projects

Update: I added links to the tutorials and patterns that I used. Forgot to do that. 

I have been sewing up a storm this past while.  Which is silly since I don't even like sewing that much.  If our friends would stop having babies all at once, I wouldn't be doing any of this. I love the idea of homemade things, and the huge cost savings is attractive too, so I keep sewing....

Here are some things I have made recently.

 My favorite - teeny tiny baby girl skirts.  Love these!  Made some for all the baby girls coming along.  Also made three for our own little girl. Can't wait to dress her in these.  And matching headbands too!  Abby even got to have one skirt of her own to match baby sister.




Here's the link for the skirt tutorial and where I got the headbands from.

Sensory balls and taggies blankets.  For the baby boys, and for my little girl too. Minky fabric on one side of the blanket, with cotton or fleece on the other with lots of ribbon to grab.  The balls have a ball in the middle. Did not follow tutorials for these.  I glanced at a few for the taggies blankets, but mostly just winged it. The ball I based off one I got from my good friend Heidi.  I did find a pattern for the ball here, and then added the ball and ribbon.





(These are for our baby girl.  They match her quilt!)


Sleep sacks.  The biggest cost savings here since I got the fleece on a crazy sale, but the most time intensive for sure. Did not have one bit of fun making these. These were for two special baby boys of close friends.


Followed this tutorial from Make it &Love it.

Apron.  Not for a baby, but for Abby.  It was supposed to be a birthday present but now I think it will be a post new baby present.  There will be a matching one for me when I get around to it.


This apron pattern is great because the neck is stretchy and the waist strap is velcro so she can put in on by herself. Here is the link to the pattern.

Baby quilt.  Yes, I finally finished baby girl's quilt.  And I just love how it turned out.  But I think that it will get it's own post full of pictures. ;)

In progress:
Blessing dress for baby girl.  Clothes intimidate me, so this will be a super simple peasant dress made of pink satin.  Am attempting matching tiny shoes.  Will see how this goes.

This has felt like so much, mostly because I've been making multiples of each.  It has been seemingly neverending.  Why 10+ people had to get pregnant in our ward I the same time, I don't know.

1 comment:

Maren said...

These are all awesome! You are talented. If these came from online, could you post the links to the tutorials?