Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pregnancy #2 Weeks 31-37

Things are sure moving along quickly!  Here I am already 36 weeks.  Pregnancy wise, not too much has changed. I'm just getting huge.  More discomfort with sleeping and general moving around.

This last week in particular (week 37) has been super uncomfortable.  The weather has been so hot and humid for SD and we don't have the option of AC so it gets really really warm in our apartment. Fans only do so much.  Yesterday I jogged/walked to a dentist appointment and just about died on the way home because it was so hot. Probably wasn't a great idea right in the middle of the day. I think I need to take it easier with the exercising outside if it stays this hot.  I've been having round ligament pain which the midwife says is probably due to trying to move too quickly/too much.  So I guess I need to slow down a bit.

Some more fun things from these past few weeks:
-Felt baby girl hiccup for the first time.  With Abby, I remember that it seemed she was always hiccuping.  I've only felt baby girl hiccup maybe three times. Abby was sitting next to me during one of the times and she thought it was the funniest thing.
-Watching her move.  Since she is getting so big, it's fun to watch her little feet poke out and my stomach roll around while she moves.  Abby has lots of fun with this too.  So much that we'll be out somewhere, like at church, and she will start trying to pull up my shirt to 'watch baby.'
-Started baby girl's quilt.  I've been putting this off but finally was feeling the time crunch and started.  I'm almost done and will post pictures then.  It's been so nice making something for her and focusing just on her while I do it.
-Also finally started getting things ready for her.  Have a carseat, clothes are out ready to be washed and folded.  Ok, really that's it.  But at least it is a start!

Since we are at 37 weeks now, we are officially good to have the baby at the birth center if we go in to labor.  Our window of time is 37-42 weeks. We had an appointment today and apparently I'm again measuring really small.  Only 32 weeks.  Which is going backwards - I was 34 weeks last week.  It was a different midwife so I don't know if it was just due to different people measuring, but she was super worried.  So next week if it isn't better, she thinks we should do another growth ultrasound.  Hopefully we won't need to do this.  Or maybe baby girl will decide to come and then we won't have to worry about it! Abby came about 5 days before her due date, so we are thinking and preparing for this girl to come about a week early.

We'll see!  I'm getting super excited to meet her!
34 Weeks


36 weeks

No comments: