At our midwife appointment this week, the midwife had a hard time finding the baby's heartbeat. After feeling around and watching baby girl moving, she told us that the baby had moved into a posterior position (face pointed towards my front). This helped explain why in the past few days, my lower back had really started bothering me, and a few times a day I would get this strange numb, tingling feeling in my behind. This was all related to the babies position.
Since a posterior position in labor can make things even more painful (lots more back pain, longer labor, etc), this was not very exciting news. So I came home and looked at the spinning babies website, which I had always meant to look at, but never got around to. After trying to sift through all the info there, I just felt very overwhelmed. When we went to our birthing class that Thursday, I told our teacher about it and she was a lifesaver, showing me three different spinning babies positions that she though would be most important for me to try. It helped so much having something concrete to do.
Week 38
Good news, after just one week, baby girl seems to have moved back into a better position. What a relief!
I think this week I may have put on a little extra fluid. No problems with swelling up to this point, but a sudden 3 pound increase and having a harder time putting on my Chacos made me wonder...
Another new development this week was having my very first noticeable Braxon-Hicks contractions. At first I wasn't sure, but after having a few and paying attention to them, noticing how my stomach tightened up with each one, I figure that's what it is. People this week have also started telling me that I look like I have 'dropped.' I can't tell a difference, but plenty of other people can, apparantly.
This week was also my last week at work. It is good to be done because I feel like there is just so much I need to do!
No big changes this week. Baby girl sure doesn't feel any closer to coming.
Things are slowly coming together. I have the cloth diapers all prepped, baby girl's clothes washed and put away, labor bag mostly put together. Still have some sewing to do - making some cloth wipes (Eric isn't sure these are a good idea, but I figure I will make some, and then convince him) and nursing pads. Food to stock up on, last minute baby things to get, books to finish, and my nerves to calm. So, it will still be a busy few days (weeks?). Here we go.
3 comments:
I can never tell by looking at myself whether or not I've dropped. But I can always tell by how I can all of a sudden breathe easier and eat a normal sized meal in one sitting. Whether or not you've dropped I can't say, but I can say the end is near. So exciting!! Good luck getting those last minute things taken care of. :)
The end is getting so close! I'm just waiting for the phone call saying you've had your little angel! You've got a lot to keep you busy while you're waiting! Good luck with all that! I hope everything is going well for y'all!
Kiersten you look amazing! Beautiful photos!
Post a Comment