Sunday, June 10, 2012
The love that brought you here
I imagine most of you who read this blog have already heard the news. Our beautiful daughter Abigail Joy Anderson was born on Thursday, June 7th at 8:58pm. That moment was the most incredible moment of my life. She weighs 7 lbs 7.5 oz and measures 20.5 inches long.
In the coming days, we'll post our birth story in detail, but for now, let me share with you my first journal entry for our girl Abigail. I think it comes as close as I can get to expressing my true love for this girl and the wonderful woman who brought her here. She is so precious to us, and we love her!
----
June 8, 2012
I'm sitting next to you right now, Abigail. You were born just over 24 hours ago. That was perhaps the most incredible moment of my life. Your mother worked so hard to bring you into this world. Oh, I wish you knew how hard she worked. She did it because she loved you. For almost seven hours she pushed. The pain she endured with each push is beyond my understanding. I don't believe I've ever experienced one moment of what she felt for seven hours. But she endured, and she did so with godly patience, remarkable kindness to those around her, and, probably above all, motherly love. You do know she did this all without pain relief, I'm sure. Even when it looked like she was certain to be transferred to a hospital, she kept going, believing in the ability of her body to give birth to you.
Your Grandma Hinckley was there too, helping the whole time. She too loved you beyond compare and maintained complete faith and calmness through it all. I was there, too, of course. There is nowhere I would have gone to miss being with you.
A lot of things happened that allowed you to be born in the way you were. There was the faith of family, the extraordinary care of two midwives (four at the end), a priesthood blessing when all seemed beyond our power to help--Heavenly Father truly was blessing you--but above all, and I know this for a fact, it was the love of your mother that made your birth the success that it was.
When at 8:58pm last night you were finally born, I was overcome with feeling. I couldn't believe I was actually seeing you and meeting you. I was speechless and felt nothing but love. I wish you could sense that feeling, but I will always remember it. You were beautiful. Oh, you were so very beautiful.
After the whole night discussing it, your mother and I decided on the name Abigail Joy to give you. Abigail primarily due to our admiration of Abigail Adams, but also because it's a beautiful name. Joy because of your Grandma Joyce, but really because you are the greatest joy I and your mother have ever felt. Oh, Abigail, how I do love you.
-----
And how our love has only grown with each hour and each day, Abigail. Thank you so much for joining our family! We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a beautiful letter to your daughter! We are so excited to have Abigail in our family. We love you all!
Congratulations! She is gorgeous!
Wow! You guys are certainly blessed! She is beautiful! Kiersten is such good, strong women. Enjoy your little bundle of joy!
She looks so angelic. Hope my baby girl looks just like her! :) Can't wait to hear you tell the birth story. I love reading those. Congrats!!
Post a Comment