Friday, June 29, 2012

He's done!!

This post should have come almost two weeks ago, but little Abigail has put me behind on pretty much everything. :) I didn't even start checking my own email until a couple days ago...

But, huge news! Eric graduated a week from last Sunday with his Masters degree!



He has worked so hard the last two years and I am so proud of him.  This was a day we have both been looking forward to so much. It was extra special because Abigail decided to come in time to be there with us (she was ten days old on Eric's graduation day). It also happened to be Father's Day so it was a double celebration day for Eric.



We are both so happy to have school done. I think the best part is having Eric come home at the end of the day and be able to spend time with him without worrying that he should be studying.

We haven't mentioned it on the blog yet, but we will be staying in San Diego for now. Eric got a job at IGCC (Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation), a research institute at UCSD. He will be working on projects dealing with China, and he loves research and China so I think it will be a good fit. He started working part time before graduation and now has jumped into full-time work. It will be fun to stay here, we have loved San Diego.  So all of you who haven't come to visit us yet, there is still time. :)


Love this picture. Though little Abby wasn't too happy about it. 




And just a short baby update: Things are somewhat going better.  At least with Abby. She has continued to gain weight and this week finally regained her birthweight.  Breastfeeding has not gotten any better.  We are trying some more things to get the milk supply up because it is still pretty much non-existent. I am at least coping with it better, most of the time.  I went for my first run post-baby today which was wonderful for helping me clear my mind and feel good. 

Thank you everyone for your advice and support.  I really appreciate it. 



2 comments:

Ruth said...

Congrats to Eric!!! That is so awesome to be done- what a great feeling! Kiersten- I am so happy for you that you get to run already!

Anonymous said...

Eat oatmeal. Hot oatmeal helps breast milk supply.