Conference weekend just passed and what an amazing weekend it was. Eric and I, sitting together on the couch with our laptop set up in front of us, our notebooks out and our pens poised. And then all we had to do was sit there and we were so blessed to hear from our leaders and especially our prophet, President Monson. I had been thinking in the days leading up to conference about what I hoped to get out of conference for myself. The main thing for me was just to receive comfort and guidance on how to be patient as I wait for those blessings that I yearn for but don't yet have. There were so many talks given during which I felt as though my Heavenly Father was enveloping me in his arms and telling me everything will be okay.
And that is what I love about conference. We are given two whole days to be completely immersed in counsel and guidance specifically for each of us, from a Heavenly Father who loves us and knows what we need. And then we can keep reading and listening to those same messages throughout the months that follow. Something I've started to do in the last year to keep these messages a part of my life was to play them as I was home alone, cleaning or folding laundry. This worked especially well with being so busy with my internship where I felt as though I hardly had time to sit down and read something just for me. Those quiet moments at home were wonderful, something I will continue. I look forward to getting to know these new messages even better over the next six months.
No comments:
Post a Comment