Here is our completely vegetarian Thanksgiving dinner. I contemplated attempted to make a tofurkey so at least we could pretend we had a turkey but we both decided that it didn't sound even remotely appetizing so that idea got scratched pretty quickly.

< img style="display:block; margin:0px auto 10px; text-align:center;cursor:pointer; cursor:hand;width: 320px; height: 240px;" img src="http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu152/rachiii88/DSCN3921.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">
Pumpkin Pie! I was most worried about this. But with an oatmeal crumb crust and a last minute discovery of evaporated milk on an amazing sale at the local import store we did it!
In the evening, the Flagship Program treated us all to a Thanksgiving dinner. This one not too traditional. Though I think they did try- the place did serve some American-ish dishes. Eric and I were excited to taste cheese for the first time since being here so we opted for the pizzas- and some sort of tomato cheesy dish that was over rice but which definitely should have been over pasta. Oh well, couldn't really expect to much in a Chinese restaurant, right?

This is the rice one- looks like an Italian dish, doesn't it?
Look at that cheese! Yum...The restaurant decorated the room especially for us. But I think they got the occasion for which we were celebrating just a tad mixed up. The place was completely decked out in elaborate Christmas decorations. Kind of funny- I didn't get a picture though.
Well, Happy Thanksgiving all!
3 comments:
Yea! I'm glad it worked out for you guys. The pumpkin pie looks really good! (I didn't get any of that this year =(
Great job Kiersten!! I'm amazed at the creativity you have to be able to make the dishes that you do. I'm glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
haha...sounds kind of like my prom... the guy i was going to prom with his mom is mexican and in mexico they don't have prom, so when we got to our resturant she had came earlier and decorated our table with congrate grads and graduation stuff any though and then she decorated her car with all of our groups names and it said congrats grads and she even decorated her front yard..lol it was a fun prom and that is what i remember the most from it..lol but i'm glad you guys had a good thanksgiving ;-)
Post a Comment