Monday, November 16, 2009

Let it snow!

Snow!
Photobucket
We woke up this morning to what we thought was going to be a super cold rainy day. But when I went out for my early morning run, I could tell in the dim light that there was definitely something white on the ground. So we ended up having a super cold snowy day. I had a halfhearted thought of venturing out later to make a snowman but I must confess that I chickened out. Somehow even though I am fine with running miles in sub-freezing weather, I can't make myself go out just to play in it. Then this evening Eric tells me that snow is actually an infrequent occurrence in Nanjing and I may have missed out on one of three opportunities to make my snowman and snow angels. Well, the snow isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow afternoon so I still have my chance...

It has been incredibly cold the last couple of weeks. Almost unbearably so. I have never lived in a cold humid place and it is definitely not the funnest experience. Especially considering that Eric and I thought it would be a good idea to only bring one sweater and jacket each with us to China. And with us trying to save money we haven't as of yet bought any good winter clothes, or a good blanket (you'd laugh to see our mismatched assortment of 'blankets' that we use). We finally broke down and bought gloves on Saturday night,though. It's amazing what a difference warm hands make!

Here was the view this morning from outside our bedroom window.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Cold weather in a humid climate is bitter! How are you surviving without a coat? Some things are worth dipping into savings for -- especially since it's only November! Good luck staying warm!

Cherisse said...

OHHHH, it's soooo COLD even in the house!!! I'm trying to keep the kids dressed in layers. Momo won't keep his slippers on and the floor is freezing! We do have heaters, so we just stay in our bedroom pretty much all day to keep warm! Not that fun!