Monday, June 8, 2015

Abby is 3!

June 7th was Abby's third birthday! Happy birthday Abby-girl!


We partied all weekend long! Her birthday was a Sunday so we had her little party on the Saturday. We kept it super simple, just a bunch of friends at a park with some snacks and cupcakes  - cherry, per Abby's request. (made these almond cupcakes with fresh cherry buttercream frosting - YUM)

Abby with her buddies Sebastian and Brooke, downing an insane amount of watermelon!

Amazing cupcakes!

Love this picture

After her party, we took her to Costco for lunch. I know, sounds lame, but this girl loves Costco. She was absolutely giddy at this prospect of sample and hot dog for lunch. Then we took her to the zoo, another Abby favorite.
On the hippo, very likely her most favorite spot in the zoo.

On her birthday, since it was Sunday, we thought it would be fun to go up and take pictures at the temple. Abby thought that was a great idea. We actually did that on her last birthday, so maybe it will be a tradition. Oh, and I made her 'birthday dress.' (from this tutorial) Didn't come out exactly as I hoped and was a lot more work than I thought it would be. But I sure loved seeing her run around in it!






We just absolutely love this beautiful girl to pieces.

1 comment:

Maren said...

Happy birthday to Abby! Love her dress, you did a good job. These kids just insist on getting older, don't they?