Dearest Rua,
Oh Rua, my little girl, you are growing so fast. You don't seem so little anymore. You watch everything we do and want to be a part of it all. You are eating foods now and will be crawling any day. Where did my little tiny baby go? As sad as it is to see your cuddly sleepy self transform into an active infant, I love it. I must say I prefer this age, where you want to play, laugh, give kisses and interact with us.
Some things from this past month:
- Like I mentioned, you started solid foods this month, at about 6 1/2 months. We are doing the baby led weaning method which we did with Abby and really liked. You have just taken off with this whole eating thing. You really love it. Every meal is so exciting for you, it's really fun to watch. Gone are the days of being able to munch on something in front of you, you want to join in whenever there is food, and you get mad if you can't have some. Costco trips are sure a lot harder now, you really think you should have a piece of every sample, and don't like it when I tell you it's really not appropriate baby food.
We love picnics!
- The other big thing is you are getting so close to crawling! For the past week or two you have been starting to push up on your hands and knees a lot. And the last few days you have been rocking back and forth and then lunging forward. It's so exciting to watch, wondering each time, 'will this be it?!'
- You just got two more teeth! This makes a total of 4 teeth, which is so much faster than I expected. Your top two are the ones that just came in this past week. Perhaps this explains your terrible sleeping? I sure hope so. Now that they are through, I fully expect some relief and at least 4 hour stretches at night. Please?
- You smile and laugh so much. It sure doesn't take too much for you to crack up laughing. I love that you are such a happy baby.
- You are a pro at sitting up now.
- You hate separation anxiety already. You don't want anyone but mamma to hold you and will cry if I leave the room. It's hard that you will often cry when Eric tries to hold you, especially when I really just need a break. I love that you love and need me, but this is not the easiest stage.
- As much as you usually want me, you do love to grab Dad's nose
- You hair has completely gone blond. For a while we were wondering if you would be darker or maybe have some red in your hair, but it looks like you are destined to be 'yellow-haired' just like Abby. Your eyes are still blue, maybe those will stick?
Whatever happens, you are sure a beautiful little girl and we love you. Happy 7 months Rua-girl.
Love,
Your Mamma












No comments:
Post a Comment