Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weeks 21-24


Week 21
The baby's kicks started to get a little stronger this week where they could be felt if I had my hand on my stomach. So this was also the week that Eric felt our baby move for the first time.  Very amazing, except Eric found it a little strange. :)
This week also was the start of my month off work (its the intervention period of the research study I am helping with which we are not a part of, so - time off).  I made big plans for everything I was going to get done... Learn everything there is to know about having a baby naturally (extremely large stack of books was checked out from the library this week), make baby a quilt, make baby a blessing dress. You know, just small things... :)

Week 22
Not only is baby kicking more, we can actually see my stomach move and bulge out when she kicks. Love it. I am absolutely loving everything about being pregnant. The worst thing is that sleep is already getting really difficult.  I am not even that big yet, but I am having a hard time.  On top of having to get up to go to the bathroom, I am also not able to get very comfortable.  I think I am so conscious of trying to sleep on my left side that I am not able to sleep very soundly.  

Week 23
Had another midwife appointment this week.  It took them about 10 minutes to find the heartbeat.  She finally realized the baby was hiding out way down low. Had me worried there for a second though! Everything looks great. The midwife also calmed my worries about the soreness I have been having in the pelvic area after some of my runs.  Just my joints and ligament loosening up and nothing to worry about unless it gets too uncomfortable. 
I finally went this week to get material for my quilt and hopefully will start on that soon!

Week 24
Finally got to wear a maternity dress I got back in December!  I am showing enough now that I look pregnant when I wear it instead of just fat. 


2 comments:

Heidi Marshall said...

You look very cute:)

Lindsay said...

Sometimes, when I'm especially tired and the baby is especially wired, I like to just lie down on the couch and just watch my belly move. So odd, yet so entertaining.

In a few more weeks, if your baby is as genetically inclined as mine seem to be to getting hiccups, you'll start to feel those. You'll know they're hiccups because you feel it lower (where the chest and head is as opposed to higher where her feet are) and it'll be rhythmic. Those are fun -- at first anyway. Mine seem to be predisposed to get them all the time, so several times a day I'm walking around (or trying to sleep) with a hiccuping baby.