It's not often that Kiersten and I are both available on a Tuesday to take advantage of Balboa park's Residents Free Tuesday. Yesterday, we were. With the sun shining bright, it was off on our bikes to the San Diego Air & Space Museum. I've always been a lover of airplanes, and this museum was not a disappointment. Here's a few of the sights:
Other than just love at first sight, I don't know why this one is my favorite. But the P-51 Mustang takes my heart away every time I see one.
Can't miss a photo op with Chinese aircraft, this one flown during WWII for dangerous supply missions crossing the route through Himalayas known as the Hump. Oddly, though, it was seldom flown by Chinese pilots. Instead, skilled pilots (such as former Flying Tiger crew members) took the helm of these beauties. If that wasn't enough to make this plane not actually Chinese, the plane itself is actually a C-53 Skytrooper on lend-lease from the U.S.
1 comment:
This looks like Blake's kind of museum. :)
Post a Comment