Growing up I had many favorite books, and one of these was Miss Rumphius, a great story about a lady who as a little girl had a dream to make the world more beautiful in some way. She found a very simple way of doing this: she planted lupine flower seeds all over Maine. A very simple story, but I loved it. And until just a couple of days ago, I had never even seen lupines before, except in the pictures in the book. Then a couple days ago, as I was running down in Mission Bay by the water, there they were! I knew right away that they were lupines. So of course I had to stop and take some pictures. I mean, you don't see lupines every day, right? Well, since then I have realized that they are all over San Diego. Who knew!



1 comment:
I love that book, too!
Post a Comment