Do you ever have something that you keep hoping won't happen but that you have a dreading feeling will? The last couple of weeks when I have been running, there has been this sharp pain in my left ankle that will suddenly come and go. When it comes, I feel like I will collapse it hurts so much. But then it goes away, so I keep running. This is an ankle that in my early years of running I seemed to be constantly twisting and hurting. So I knew it was already weakened. I started to have these horrible pictures of twisting it
again and hurting it permanently, ruining my ankle forever and having to give up running. That would be a nightmare for me. I told Eric that I was resigned to becoming a cyclist. Now this was all very much overreacting, I know. But I couldn't help worrying that I was going to hurt my ankle.
And then this morning, as I was getting on my bike to go to work, somehow (I really don't know how I managed to do this) I lost my balance and fell hard on the pavement, twisting my left ankle underneath me with my bike falling on top of me. Eric came rushing to my rescue, but all I could think of was, 'Oh no, my ankle!' All the nightmares came rushing back.
Of course, I think it will be just fine. After limping around all day, I came home and went to buy an ACE bandage and put it up to rest. And it feels much better. But I know this means no running for a few days. But, as hard as that will be for me, I will look on the bright side- at least it doesn't mean I have to become a cyclist, yet.
1 comment:
You are too funny! And being a cyclist wouldn't be that bad! They get to travel further in a bike ride, so you could see a lot more cool things! But, you would also have to deal with traffic more and you wouldn't notice the little things that you always tell us about because you're going so much faster. Hmmm...well, keep on enjoying the running while you still can! I love how passionate you are about it! I wish I were that into something that was so good for me! Unfortunately the things I love so much are food and sleep!
Post a Comment