Thursday, April 8, 2010

Let's go fly a kite!

Kite flying is definitely big here in China. We see people flying kites everywhere. Well, not everywhere- the government bans it in a lots of areas- but where it is allowed, those kites really come out! Eric has been really wanting to get a kite so a couple days ago, we bought one!

Photobucket
We had a great time flying our kite. I told Eric before we bought it that I have always had a significant increase in stress levels when flying a kite. I have always been so afraid it would get caught in a tree or break off the string- so that I almost don't enjoy it. He quickly dismissed our fears. A half an hour later after trying to navigate our kite through the very crowded airway and after our kite's string being cut two times as a result of becoming tangled and then subsequently crashing to the ground, he understood what I meant. But we still had a great time! And our kite is still in one piece. A great accomplishment, in my opinion.

Photobucket Look how happy he is to finally have his kite!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Can you pick out our kite? Hint: it's the prettiest one up there! :)

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I agree with the stress levels of kite flying although I still love kites. There is a sense of accomplishment when you get it up in the air and it stays!

Ruth said...

I've been wanting to fly a kite for a while- I think Lizzie would really like them. Seeing your pictures makes me want to do it more- how fun!!!