Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

We had a great Easter weekend. A big thanks to Eric's mom for sending us a surprise Easter package with tons of yummy goodies inside. I had been wondering what we could do for Easter in addition to reading and listening to talks about Easter and reading the accounts of the Savior's resurrection in the Bible. I figured that was all we would be able to do (and its much more important, of course!) since I wasn't seeing any egg-dying kits around. :) Leave to Eric's mom to think to send us some! So of course, we invited some friends over- Courtney and Aaron, along with our new friends Carissa and Jeff- to paint eggs and to eat lots of Eastery snacks.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Me using the nifty little Easter egg dye Q-tips that we got in our package. They are great! So much easier that the regular egg-dying kits!

Photobucket
At the last minute, while out shopping with a lady from our branch, I found some plastic Easter eggs and some shredded crepe paper that could pass for Easter grass. I was so excited and so even though they weren't as cheap as they are in America (sorry Eric!) I had to get them. Here is our cute Easter basket when I I found what the Easter bunny had left for us on Easter morning. Ignore the bad hair and no make up.
Photobucket
It will be so much fun when we actually have kids to do all this for- we already have enough fun doing it for ourselves!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

How fun!! I'm glad you got to do Eastery type things.