Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hello from Shanghai!

We have been in Shanghai for about two weeks now, but we only just today got our internet set up. It's amazing to realize how much we rely on and use the internet. Especially with being in China (the only way we talk with family/friends back home is through email and Skype). So we have definitely felt cut off from the world the last two weeks. Though I guess there has been some upsides. Example: less time spent looking at recipe blogs (yes, this is one of my favorite past times).

A lot has happened and there has been a lot that we have wanted to post about - Eric's week in Qingdao...moving here...apartment finding adventures...Chinese New Years...Valentines Day...finding a 3.5 kilogram container of ice cream at an amazing price at Metro (talk about heaven!)...buying and cooking with raw meat for the first time since being in China... but it seems silly to backtrack and post about everything now. And probably extremely boring to everyone who reads them. However, you may still get stuck with reading about half of these. :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love looking at recipe blogs too!

Joyce said...

I'm so glad you're back on! Look forward to hearing about it all. And, Kiersten, I too love the recipe blogs. It was fun talking with you last night.