Sunday, February 21, 2010

Eric's first business trip

Eric left me this morning for his first business trip with the company that he is interning for. I admit that I have been dreading this because the planned trip was to be about 2 and 1/2 weeks long- which seemed like an eternity. But yesterday Eric's bosses changed their mind and the trip is being broken up into three sections with short 1-2 day long returns to Shanghai in between. So now instead of 17 days it is only 4 days until I get to see Eric again!

Here is a little map that Eric put together of where he will be traveling. Nothing too far away but he is excited to see more of China. Which he will definitely get to do with this internship- they told him that he should expect to be traveling about a third of the time.

Photobucket
Photobucket
After talking with people at church though, I feel like I shouldn't complain. Our ward is full of businessmen who are always gone traveling. When I told one guy about Eric's 2 1/2 week trip he said, 'Oh, so a short one, yeah?' And another lady's husband is gone 4 days, home for 2, pretty consistently. A good number of the sisters in Relief Society mentioned their husbands being gone on business today.

Right now 4 days is sounding pretty darn good. No complaining here.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I'm so glad he's able to come home some. I've been there with a traveling husband ... not easy!