Monday, June 1, 2009

June 2009

I'm not sure how many people celebrate the start of June, but I certainly am. Today marks the day that Kiersten and I can now respond to people's constant question, "When are you getting married?" with a simple two-worder: "This month."

Time has gone faster than I think either of us imagined. In just two weeks and three days, we will be saying goodbye to classes and finals at BYU. In three weeks (to the day), we will be driving to California to help with wedding preparations. And in just twenty-six days (three weeks and five days), we will be saying, "I do." Wow, it's gone fast, and I've a feeling that it's only going to keep going faster (at least I hope so, as far as the finishing school bit goes).

So, to celebrate, here's a picture of us. Have a happy, happy June! I know we will.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

We're all counting down with you!

Lindsay said...

It hit me the other day that -- whoa nelly! You're getting married really soon! Which means that we have to get ourselves ready and to California really soon! Yikes! We'll figure it out, I'm sure, but it's crept up on me fast.

I did have a question for you two, though...I wanted to run by you what I'm planning to dress Garrett in for this event (for photos and such). Based on what I've been told, I'm under the impression that the dress for this wedding is more on the casual than formal side, is that correct? Anyway, in that light, I'm planning to put Garrett in a red polo shirt and his nice khaki pants. What do you think? What are other little boys going to be wearing? (I figure it's probably best to dress Garrett like those close to him in age rather than like the adults.) Anyway, I'd love your insight before I go shopping for him. Thanks! And good luck with your own final preparations. :)

Simply Britt said...

yeah!!! i'm excited to get another sister in law!! lol
but yeah!! i updated my blog today..check it out!!!