Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Birthday Boy!

Yesterday we celebrated Eric's birthday. He is 24 now! Its too bad May is almost over- it's felt like we've constantly had a birthday to celebrate. First Kiersten, then David, and now Eric. One ongoing party- its been great! I just love birthdays. Eric kept saying that he doesn't like to be the center of attention or to have a big deal made out of birthdays. But I couldn't help wanting to say Happy Birthday one more time! So... Happy Birthday! I love you Eric!

Eric and I were talking a little yesterday about how our families do things on birthdays- like when do we unwrap presents. It will be fun to find out what traditions each of us have (good ones and/or strange ones) for things like birthdays. I haven't told him about our 'hang over' song we sing in my family as we unwrap birthday presents... That might count as a strange one...


3 comments:

Ruth said...

funny! Cole sure thinks our hang-over song is strange. He says it reminds him of drunk people (i.e. the "hang-over"). (Obviously we don't do that tradition). Oh well. Happy Birthday Eric!

Joyce said...

I really want to hear this song! It would be fun to be able to celebrate all these May birthdays with you. And...Eric never did want us to pay any attention to his birthdays, etc., but we did anyways.

Tamara said...

Yeah, I think that family song is a little strange, too. I don't know if we'll keep that one. I'm glad you both had wonderful birthdays.