Thursday, May 21, 2009

Our Story...

For any of you who might care, I thought it would be fun to start off our blog with a little bit about us! Eric and I met almost 9 months ago in September. (though if you talk to him you might get a completely different timeline...apparently our memories are different) But this is what really happened. :) I first saw Eric on the saddle of Mount Timp while I was sitting eating my graham crackers and peanut butter. There he was, wearing a bright orange shirt, standing maybe 10 feet away. As I walked behind him up to the summit, I knew he was the one. Then I passed him up because he was going too slow and didn't think about him again until...there he was the next day at church! He was in my ward! So of course, I had to talk to him. That night at ward prayer (thats the place to meet your future spouse! My sister also met her husband in a ward prayer in that same ward) I went up to talk to him. And that's when he knew I was the one. At least I like to think so. We went out 2 weeks later for the first time. And then a little over a month after that, he finally asked me out again. And we've spent almost every day together since then!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Yea!!! I'm so glad you guys have a blog now. I love how it looks too!!
Congrats on coming to the blogging world!

Joyce said...

Now I'd like to see Eric's version of this story. This blog will be great -- especially when you're in China!

Heidi Marshall said...

Did you really see him on that hike? Aren't you glad I made you an hour and half late getting started! man that was a cool hike.