Dearest Sadie,
We have made it one month!! It's been a tiring, exhausting, but very special month. Things went really smoothly those first few days. You were calm, cuddly, and took to breastfeeding like a champ (yay!!). It was so nice spending lots of hours holding you while grandma was here taking care of your sisters. I tried really hard to take it easier this time after we brought you home and it was so great having that bonding time with you and letting others take care of everything else.
You started waking up and finding your voice more around two weeks. And you sure did find it! All that crying and screaming sure was bringing me back to those hard hard weeks and months with Abby and I sure hope you don't follow your sisters footsteps with this! You cry and cry, especially in the evenings and at night, at times for an hour or longer. This has made the nights especially hard. Hopefully we can nail down the things that help you to calm down. Swaddling sure doesn't seem to work as well for you as it did for your sister, but you like to be held upright against my chest or over my shoulder with me patting or rubbing your back.
You love to be held (what baby doesnt!) and really don't like to be set down for very long at all. Good thing I am ready for baby-wearing. But it sure would be nice to put you down a little bit more so I can actually clean and take care of your sisters a bit easier. You also absolutely despise the car seat. Every little attempt at an outing is torture for you, and for me! It's so hard to hear you cry so much. Abby is a very willing helper though, trying to get you to take a pacifier while we are driving. And she is successful sometimes!
An unhappy Sadie
You've developed a case of baby acne in the last couple of days. Neither of your sisters got that so this is new for me. Hopefully it clears up soon, it's not fun seeing your cute little face with all those bumps!
Like I mentioned, you have had absolutely no problems with breastfeeding. It was incredible in the hospital to watch you latch on right away and go at it. We had you checked right away for tongue tie since that caused all the problems with your sisters and sure enough, you had one too but only a slight tongue tie. The lactation consultant assured us that it shouldn't affect your ability to breastfeed. I was still worried a bit, but sure enough, we haven't had any issues. In fact, it seems that my milk supply is much more abundant this time around which seems a bit frustrating to you had times when the milk comes too fast. So feeding you has been so wonderful, this is how it's supposed to be!!
You have two very adoring sisters who absolutely love holding you, watching me change your diapers, and picking clothes out for you. Rua actually brings out clothes for you multiple times throughout the day (making it very hard to keep your clothes in any way organized!).
Your sisters meeting you for the first time!
It's been such a joy having you with us, even with all the sleepless nights. I love you so much and am so blessed to be your mamma.
Love,
Your Mamma
















2 comments:
Kiersten I love this!!! So so sweet, I can't wait to meet your sweet new baby, miss you friend! You are doing great!
Love the pictures. Hope things do get better with the crying. It should. I am glad you are writing these memories for your children. Love, Mom
Post a Comment