*Very unfortunate, but Eric, who took most of our Christmas pictures, inexplicably decided to delete all the pictures from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. So we have very few pictures.
Christmas Eve was pretty quiet for us, spent the day at home before going out in the afternoon to take a family walk through Balboa Park and walk through the life size Nativity display they have there. It is a series of statues depicting the Christmas story, very nice. Of course, we also stopped by the ducks for the girls.
When we got home we had our simple Christmas Eve dinner of homemade mac and cheese, corn, and pigs in a blanket. In case anyone thinks of attempting it, don't use hot dogs you find in the freezer left over from the summer. Yuck. Can you tell we hardly eat hot dogs?
The girls acted out the nativity with help from us. Rua was Mary and Abby was a few things I think. They had a lot of fun with that. We left cookies for Santa for the first time this year. Abby this time around has really gotten into everything Christmas and was very excited about it all.
Rua is holding the other big project for this year. I made big-ish cloth dolls for both Rua and Abby. It took a lot of time, but I've had it on my to-make list ever since Abby was tiny so I'm glad I finally did it. They are customized to look kind of like Rua and Abby (really, just short hair for Rua's, long hair for Abby's). I used this tutorial pretty much to a T.
A view of Abby's doll
The few pictures we have from Christmas morning of playing with toys:
Christmas was very quite as we stayed in SD with no family visiting. And really, it was wonderful. The next week, we did have visitors - my parents and sisters Celestia and Lilly came to visit on New Years Eve. So that was fun getting to do our New Years Eve food and fun with them.
The girls got some grandma time:
We spent the day at Old Town since Lilly had never been. And Abby was excited for all the wagons to climb in.














No comments:
Post a Comment