My birthday conveniently fell on a Saturday this year which made for a nice going-outside type of day. We went to Border Field State Park, which is just what the name says - a state park right on the border. You park and walk maybe 1/2 mile out to the beach through marshlands (well, pretty dry marshlands). The beach is usually deserted expect for people riding horses. The park runs right into the border so you've got the loud, Mexican beach teeming with people just on the other side.
Beginning of the trail
The 'marshes'
We hiked out carrying bbq stuff in our backpacks so we could enjoy lunch out there. Seemed like a great idea until we had walked the 1/2 mile, then another 1/2 mile along the beach with a little toddler who suddenly absolutely couldn't walk on her own. And then we had to go back. It was a little too much for this tired pregnant lady.
Watermelon!
Happy girl
Love, love this picture
If you can't tell, it says 'Happy B-day Kiersten #29'
Our little family
I made it easy on Eric by requesting that we go out to eat for dinner. We went to Project Pie, a little 'build your own' pizza place down the street from us that we haven't tried yet. So good!! Abby loved the olives.
Cake! Eric made me a rhubarb streusel cake which was super yummy and super rich. We had some friends over the next day to help make a dent in it!
29 years old. I suppose this is my last year as a twenty-something. I'm okay with that. And it's going to be a great year. We've got a new baby on the way (gender-reveal coming soon!), an adorable toddler, an amazing place that we live (albeit the apartment we are in is tiny and only going to get tinier!), and I've got a great husband. I'm a happy girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment