We took Abby a few weeks ago to pick out an Easter basket and that basket sure got used! Abby had so much fun with Easter this year - as compared to last year where we pretended she was hunting for eggs as we held her and put the eggs in her basket ourselves. She already loves baskets and very quickly caught on to the fun of hunting for Easter eggs. And she had plenty of chances to practice, with three different egg hunts. We might have gone a little overkill on the pictures (or at least the amount I am posting, sorry!) but this is our first kid's first time really getting into this so humor us.
Egg hunts!
Church - This was Abby's first egg hunt and also the only one that had candy-filled eggs. I was a little worried about that, but as usual, I worried more than I needed to. She had a blast opening all her eggs, unwrapping all the chocolate, and then handing them to me and Eric. Never once did it even seem to cross her mind that perhaps theses were things you eat. :)
Community - This was a bigger egg hunt with a toddler group we are a part of. Abby knew exactly what to do and went running straight for the eggs. These were filled mostly with stickers which was a hit for this girl who loves loves stickers!
Playgroup - We had an Easter party with our playgroup friends with an egg hunt as part of it. Thank goodness there were way more eggs than we needed so the fact that Abby creamed the others in her egg hunting skills wasn't a problem at all. It also helped that she had the biggest basket - she apparently knew what she was doing when she picked out her basket! I'll be posting more pics of the party because those kids are just so cute.
Easter morning
I attempted to explain to Abby throughout the week leading up it the real meaning of Easter and why the day is important, but it went right over her head. She knows about Jesus (at least, she can say his name and recognize pictures), but anything else I tried to explain didn't seem to work. Oh well, we'll work on that!
We made up a simple basket for Abby, with bubbles, sidewalk chalk, a book, a crayon/paper case for church (made from an old DVD case), and some eggs filled with hairbows. We decided to forego the planned family Easter egg hunt, because we figured that would be a bit overkill.
In her Easter dress (also the wedding dress for Eric's sister's wedding). Isn't she just so pretty!!







No comments:
Post a Comment