Friday, April 11, 2014

Buses!

We have discovered another way to guarantee a very happy toddler - put her on a bus.  Eric rides a bus to work every day and without fail every morning before he leaves she says, "Dad, bus" a few times and then brings it up again when he gets home.  And several times during the day reminds me that Dad rides a bus, often inserting an 'Abby bus' in there with a very hopeful face. 

So we finally let the girl ride some buses.  

We got to ride one at the zoo as part of a monthly zoo group we are a part of.  Abby was in awe the entire ride, hardly looking at the animals. Now whenever we got to the zoo, she asks, "bus?" 




I've been meaning to take her up to visit Eric on the bus (it's a free shuttle actually) that he rides, but it's about a half hour ride each way and so it just never sounded too fun.  I finally took her this week though!  I told her all morning that we were going to ride Dad's bus and after nap she was sure ready to go.  I told her she could get a bag ready so she packed her backpack and a small bag with her essentials: lots of necklaces, a bag of chalk, a crayon, a pencil, as well as a bag of carrots that she decided needed to go in her bag instead of mom's.

The walk to the bus consisted of Abby pretty much nonstop saying, "bus, bus, bus, Abby, bus, bus!" It was pretty adorable.  The ride was much the same.



I hope she is always this easy to please!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

How adorable!

Cole said...

I just can't believe how big she is. The last two pics sure make her look like such a big girl! Miss you all!