Sunday, January 12, 2014

More highlights from December 2013 roadtrip

A three week long trip is bound to make for tons of pictures, so I tried to pick out just a few to highlight some of the other things we did while in Texas and Phoenix that I haven't already posted about. 

At Grandmas House
Having fun outside
Definitely not used to having to be this bundled up!
                             Abby loved this little toy dog, we went on several walks with it.                               
Playing piano with Dad!                        
Spent lots of time going up and down stairs
                                               

Matching pajamas with cousin Hannah!
                                 
San Antonio Missions 
We went to all five of the missions. Lots of fun, way too many great pictures.





Grandma spent so long trying to get Abby to some into the fireplace. Once she gave up and left, Abby went right in. :)




Taking a break from all that walking!



Brackenridge Park 



Sharing a snack with Hannah
Waiting for the train we rode around the park 
Phoenix
On our way back to SD, we stopped by in Phoenix for a day to visit my sister Ruth and her family. 

Abby had so much fun being bounced around on their trampoline 
Went to visit the new Phoenix temple site, just minutes from their house
There was some great hiking right near the temple, so we took advantage of that. Those kids did so great!



Visited a park near their house, where Abby was able to ride a train again and feed ducks




We finally got back to SD a week ago, and we were sure ready to be home.  We had so much fun seeing family and playing all day, but we were glad to walk back into our tiny little apartment.  Abby was so excited to see all her toys and especially her books, and didn't seem to mind the absence of cool staircases and toy dogs and trampolines. Good thing. 

All in all, it was fun making the long drive out to Texas, but exhausting too.  Abby did so much better than I expected but I was sure worn out from trying to keep her happy and entertained.  I had lots of little busy car activities that I had thrown together and she went through lots of books, but it was still hard to keep her happy. Glad we won't me making that long of a drive any time soon!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

These pictures are awesome! I love the one of her looking out of the train. So cute and again it was so fun having you guys here. Can't wait until we can find a time to go to San Diego.