Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas projects

In an effort to stay within a budget, and also because I really love giving home-made gifts, I made the majority of the gifts we gave this year.  Of course, it all took way longer than it I thought it was going to, even  though most were pretty simple.  Overall though, it was fun spending time working on things for other people.

We kept presents for Abby simple - a few artsy things (finger paint, playdough, chalk), and then for her main present we picked up some Lego Duplos at a baby resale store.  So I decided to sew her a cute bag to store them in.  I used this tutorial.


For Eric, I made this bag for his organ shoes. (have I mentioned that Eric plays the organ at church and absolutely loves it).


Then this adult bib for Neil, Eric's brother.  (love this monkey fabric!)

 

An apron for Eric's mom.  I also made a different, half apron for my little sister Lilly (no picture).  Used this and this tutorial.


Then for everyone in my family, I sewed a bunch of these reusable snack bags. This is a project I've been wanting to do for myself for a while now to help decrease the number of plastic bags we use, and doing it as gifts gave me the push to actually do it. :) 

4 comments:

Maren said...

Awesome! I love doing homemade Christmas gifts. Love the reusable snack bags.

Ruth said...

You have such great ideas!! Thanks for the snack bags. I'm so excited about them!

Cherisse said...

Super fun and great job! I wanna make that apron. Hope all is well!

Joyce said...

I love the apron! And you well know that Neil loves his "bib" too. Thank you so much! It was fun having you here.