We ventured out for our longest car ride since Abby has been born to make the trip to Phoenix to visit my sister Ruth and her family. So glad we did! Abby absolutely adored her cousins - I think the affection was definitely reciprocated. Good thing she will get to see them again the first week of December for my little brother's wedding (can't believe he is getting married so soon!)
I was dreading the car ride, not sure what degree of miserable it would end up being. Overall, though, Abby did so good. For a baby who hates her carseat, I think she was amazing. Seven hours of me singing, dancing in my seat, and making faces at her helped I guess. :)
Some highlights from our trip:
Ruth and I ran a 10K Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning. So much fun to do that with her! And we pushed each other pretty good and got a great time for both of us. (53:26).
Abby played lots with her cousins Lizzie and Nathan.
Went to the park. Hehe, had to include this, so cute!
And did some hiking in Sedona. So beautiful!
And somewhere in there we ate some yummy turkey and Eric and I went on our first date since Abby was born. Pretty good trip, I'd say.
2 comments:
I'm a little nervous to see how not only Matthew, but all three of our boys handle our car ride to TX this Christmas. Thirty hours of driving will be a doozy, there's no way around that. If we're a total mess when we finally make it to San Antonio, you'll know why. ;)
Also, I noticed in these pictures that Abby is a finger sucker. Those are the same two fingers that Caleb preferred! I wonder what he'll say when he sees her do that. :)
I loved these pictures and we loved having you guys here! Thanks again for coming and making our Thanksgiving special!
Post a Comment