Monday, October 8, 2012
Abby - 4 months
Dearest Abby,
Happy 4 months, pretty girl! This month you have really amazed me with how much you have grown and learned. I was just telling your Daddy a few days ago how I feel like I didn't get to really enjoy your teeny tiny newborn stage as much as I wish I could have because I was so worried and stressed every second of every day with whether you were starving and whether I would ever be able to feed you all on my own. I won't ever get those days back, but I can cherish each moment and day I have with you now. Like when I was feeding you today and you fell asleep in my arms. Instead of putting you down right away in your crib, I held you for a while, just looking at you and listening to you breathing. You are beautiful, incredible, and amazing. And you are mine.
Speaking of feeding, you have really gotten this nursing thing down. I was so worried a few weeks ago when all of a sudden you were only eating about 10 minutes per feeding, sometimes less. Being me, I automatically worried that you weren't getting enough, so I went back to my breastfeeding support group, where the lactation educator reassured me that you were just fine, only more efficient. A far cry from the 40-60 minute attempts at feeding during those early weeks.
You are so much more aware of everything around you now. No longer will you take naps away from home at playgroups or outside. You are just too distracted by people, sounds, and things. I have to be really careful at planning our days so we don't get caught out when you are tired. You are also very distracted sometimes when eating. Your Daddy talks and you stop and turn your head to look at him, if music is playing you keep looking around, or you will simply stop to stare at the ceiling fan or smile up at me and start talking.
You continue to love being outdoors. We make sure to go on walks every day and take frequent trips to the park and zoo so you can get plenty of outside time. We just (finally!) got a stroller this past weekend and went on our very first run with it and you did great! A runner after your mother's heart.
This month you learned how to roll from your back to your tummy on your left side. You practiced for about a day before mastering it. And I'm pretty sure you are about to get the roll from the right side down too!
So many coos and smiles coming from you now, which has been so much fun! You have really become such a happy baby this month, which has made your mamma happy too. Probably the most exciting moment this month was when you looked up at me and laughed. This just happened about a week ago and I was so excited and elated to hear it. It's been hard to squeeze more laughs out of you since then, so hopefully month five will bring lots of laughs.
Oh Abby, we love you so much. Don't grow up too fast, little one.
Love,
Your Mamma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She is so sweet! And intellectual too! You've definitely got a keeper :)
Post a Comment